Alderney Offshore Company
Nonresident company formation for an Alderney Company and the administration of an Alderney company is simple by design. The Alderney offshore company also has less administrative work. However, unlike traditional offshore companies, Alderney companies are subject to accounting and auditing. Most other offshore jurisdictions are exempt from requirements.
Alderney corporation creation, like Panama companies formation,s require just one director (person or corporate). Nominee shareholding is possible. Formation of a single member Alderney Company is possible. Though the Alderney Company offshore used is not a tax free company the corporate tax rate of 20% can be reduced to 0%.
An Alderney offshore company, one owned by a non-resident, may be used exclusively for the conduct of international trading activities, which generate only non local income and no business is carried out in Alderney. When the Alderney company operations as an offshore company, it may qualify for International Company status.
In order to qualify as an International Company, certain conditions must be satisfied:
- An international company is resident in Alderney for all the purposes of the income tax law, but it will pay tax at a rate above zero but not more than 30%;
- If the company can meet the requirements of the authorities, a tax rate between 1% and 30% can be negotiated, and remains permanent for a time of 5 years, after which it can be reviewed;
- Prior to request for such status, a possible international company’s business plan is discussed with the administrator of income tax, including the rate of tax to be applied. The terms decided between the applicant and administrator is subject to approval by the income tax authority at the time of formal application for international company status;
- An application for international company status by an Alderney incorporated company must be made prior to the date of registration of the company’s constitutive documents. Requests must be in writing but there is no official application form;
- An international company is required to submit annual accounts to the administrator of income tax
Before incorporating an Alderney offshore company, the following information is required:
- The proposed Alderney Offshore Company Name
A summary of the Company’s Business (objects of the company)
The authorized Share Capital
- Company status as Trading Company, Exempt Tax Status
- Details on Company Secretary & Registered Office, the Directors,
- A Professional Reference for each officer